This page takes you to the January 1, 1997 version of 65 Connecticut General Statutes which are not formally part of the Workers' Compensation Act, but which are included here as they are often referred to in the course of the administration of our workers' compensation system.
This 1997 version of the Workers' Compensation Related Statutes is included on our web site for informational and research purposes only.
Click here to view the
Go to a specific section of the 1997 Workers' Compensation Related Statutes in our site, according to the menu below:
Selected statutes affecting compensation benefits for state employees:
- Sec. 5-142. Disability compensation.
- Sec. 5-142a. Injury or death of sheriff.
- Sec. 5-143. Applicability of Workers' Compensation Act. Additional sick leave compensation.
- Sec. 5-144. Death benefits for state employees.
- Sec. 5-145. Notice of injury or death of employee in state service.
- Sec. 5-145a. Hypertension or heart disease in certain university, aeronautics, state capitol police, correction, mental health, criminal justice or hazardous duty personnel.
- Sec. 5-145b. Hypertension or heart disease in motor vehicle inspectors.
- Sec. 5-145c. Hypertension or heart disease in chief inspectors or inspectors in the Division of Criminal Justice.
Selected statutes affecting compensation benefits for volunteer firemen:
- Sec. 7-314. Definitions. Exemption from public records and meetings law.
- Sec. 7-314a. Death, disability and injury benefits. Presumption.
- Sec. 7-314b. Collection of workers' compensation benefits by volunteer firefighters. Fire duties defined.
- Sec. 7-314c. Assumption of liability by the state for volunteer firefighters.
- Sec. 7-322a. Benefits for volunteers rendering service to another fire company.
- Sec. 7-322b. Volunteers serving in municipality where employed. Fire and ambulance leaves. Enactment by municipality. List of participating members. Benefits.
Selected statutes providing for disability benefits resulting from heart and hypertension in fire and police personnel:
- Secs. 7-433 and 7-433a. Disability or death of firemen or policemen caused by hypertension or heart disease. Sections 7-433 and 7-433a are repealed.
- Sec. 7-433b. Survivors' benefits for firemen and policemen. Maximum cumulative payment.
- Sec. 7-433c. Benefits for policemen or firemen disabled or dead as a result of hypertension or heart disease.
- Sec. 7-433d. Injury or death of fireman while engaged in fire duties with another company.
Selected statutes providing compensation for personnel within each board of education assaulted in the line of duty:
- Sec. 10-236a. Indemnification of educational personnel assaulted in the line of duty.
Selected statutes pertaining to supported work, education and training programs:
- Sec. 17b-689. (Formerly Sec. 17-281a). Supported work, education and training programs. Definitions. Regulations. Employability plans.
Selected statutes pertaining to volunteer ambulance personnel:
- Sec. 19a-189. (Formerly Sec. 19-73kk). Definitions.
- Sec. 19a-190. (Formerly Sec. 19-73ll). Municipal contracts with volunteer ambulance companies. Residence requirements.
- Sec. 19a-191. (Formerly Sec. 19-73mm). Volunteer ambulance personnel compensated under chapter 568. Hypertension or heart disease presumptions.
- Sec. 19a-192. (Formerly Sec. 19-73nn). Benefits for volunteers serving another ambulance company.
Selected statutes defining healing arts, costs of laboratory services, diagnostic tests and nursing:
- Sec. 20-1. Healing arts defined.
- Sec. 20-7a. Billing for clinical laboratory services. Cost of diagnostic tests. Financial disclosures to patients.
- Sec. 20-87a. Definition of "nursing", "advanced nursing practice" and "practical nursing".
Selected statutes pertaining to real estate brokers, salesmen or appraisers not deemed "employees" under the Act:
- Sec. 20-312b. Licensed real estate broker or real estate salesperson not deemed "employee" under section 31-275.
Selected statutes pertaining to compensation benefits for auxiliary fire, police and civil preparedness personnel:
- Sec. 28-14. Compensation for death, disability or injury.
- Sec. 29-4a. Death or disability from hypertension or heart disease. Compensation.
- Sec. 29-22. Volunteer auxiliary force.
Selected statutes pertaining to reporting of occupational disease:
- Sec. 31-40a. (Formerly Sec. 19-48). Reports of occupational diseases and investigations concerning them.
Selected statutes pertaining to establishment of safety and health committees by certain employers:
- Sec. 31-40v. Establishment of safety and health committees by certain employers.
Selected statutes pertaining to unemployment benefits:
- Sec. 31-230. Benefit year and base period.
- Sec. 31-258. Repayment of benefits on receipt of workers' compensation.
Selected statutes pertaining to rate of interest:
- Sec. 37-3a. Rate recoverable as damages.
Selected statutes pertaining to insurance liens on awards:
- Sec. 38a-470. (Formerly Sec. 38-174n). Lien on workers' compensation awards for insurers. Notice of lien.
Selected statutes pertaining to private employer workers' compensation group self-insurance:
- Sec. 38a-1000. Applicability.
- Sec. 38a-1001. Definitions.
- Sec. 38a-1002. Approval of self-insurance group required.
- Sec. 38a-1003. Group certificate of approval. Application. Fees.
- Sec. 38a-1004. Duration and termination of certificate of approval.
- Sec. 38a-1005. Examination of group. Costs.
- Sec. 38a-1006. Group board of trustees.
- Sec. 38a-1007. Requirements for an employer to join group after its approval. Termination of membership. Insolvency or bankruptcy of member.
- Sec. 38a-1008. Service company and administrator to be mutually disinterested.
- Sec. 38a-1009. Nonemployee soliciting group membership must be licensed.
- Sec. 38a-1010. Annual statement of financial condition required. Untrue statement prohibited.
- Sec. 38a-1011. Taxes.
- Sec. 38a-1012. Misrepresentation and omission in membership solicitation prohibited.
- Sec. 38a-1013. Investments.
- Sec. 38a-1014. Classifications and rating. Premium contributions. Audits. Hearings.
- Sec. 38a-1015. Excess moneys refundable. Refund plan. Notice.
- Sec. 38a-1016. Premium payment plan required. Loss reserves. Bad debt reserves.
- Sec. 38a-1017. Deficiencies. Insolvency. Liquidation and assessment.
- Sec. 38a-1018. Penalties.
- Sec. 38a-1019. Cease and desist orders. Violations. Penalties. License and certificate revocation.
- Sec. 38a-1020. Revocation of certificate of approval.
- Sec. 38a-1021. Additional provisions.
- Sec. 38a-1022. Regulations.
- Sec. 38a-1023. Severability.
Selected statutes pertaining to commissioner of the superior court:
- Sec. 51-85. Authority and powers of commissioners of the Superior Court.
Selected statutes pertaining to evidentiary matters:
- Sec. 52-149a. Depositions of medical witnesses.
- Sec. 52-174. Admissibility of records and reports of certain expert witnesses as business entries.
Selected statutes pertaining to felony sentences:
State of Connecticut
Workers' Compensation Commission
Page last revised: July 31, 2013
Page URL: http://wcc.state.ct.us/law/menus/rel-stat-1997.htm